Main Purpose of Job:
To provide Mechanical Breakdown & Preventative Maintenance support to all manufacturing parts of the operation both equipment and staff to ensure plant equipment remains safe & operational.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Maintain all plant equipment (Breakdown repairs & Preventative Maintenance routines).
- Receive instructions from line manager on equipment priorities across the plant and shift.
- Organise own workload to resolve breakdown and or plant issues.
- Ascertain root cause of plant issues and resolve or escalate to line manager/others for support.
- Responsible for ensuring plant equipment is safe to operate by others.
- Communicate with colleagues on own shift and other shifts on work carried out and or handed over for further actions, (verbally & written)
- Compile detailed Engineering Shift report of all activities undertaken on shift.
- Train & support new starters in plant awareness, repeat issues, fault finding, preventative maintenance activities, access and control of specialised tools.
- Interpret and follow equipment drawings and technical manuals to aid fault finding and issue resolution.
- Comply with site safety policies and rules on how to work safely, under Permit to Work, working at height, hot work, confined space etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & Safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards
- Assist the Shift Operations Manager in minimising machine down time by proposing & introducing improved maintenance programmes & continuous improvement ideas.
- Responsible for timely completion of all plant PPM schedules and to provide support for all site wide PPM programs
- Work as part of a multi-functional Mechanical / Electrical on-site Team
Qualifications & Experience:
- Good academic qualifications (i.e. C&G, HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent)
- Apprentice trained & qualified
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Maintenance function within a fast paced environment.
- Experience of fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of Preventative Maintenance routines on Mechanical aspects of various manufacturing production equipment, Continuous Improvement activities.
- Light Welding and Fabrication
- Working knowledge of Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems
- Good Team working skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to a defined deadline
- Logical and analytical
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Promote and embrace working standards of the highest quality
- Clear and Concise communication skills
- Continuous Improvement
Shift Pattern/Working Hours:
x4 on x 4 off 12hr shifts days & nights 6am-6pm/6pm-6am.
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com