Vacancy – Logistics & Weighbridge Team Leader
As the logistics and weighbridge team leader you are responsible for ensuring all logistics and weighbridge activities are conducted inline with site processes to safeguard customer requirements. This role is very hands on and you will be required to monitor the performance of your team operating in different areas. Whilst also being a critical part of ensuring all tasks are complete within the given time frame to ensure our customer requirements are met in full.
Through coaching and mentoring of the logistics and weighbridge team members you will be responsible for improving your direct reports knowledge and performance, ensure site standards are improved and maintained for the areas within your control.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
• To promote a strong EHS culture always leading by example.
• To demonstrate an engaging but challenging leadership style.
• Ensure loads are loaded, tipped and through the weighbridge process at the planned times on the daily slot sheet and goods in schedule.
• To monitor performance throughout the shift and act quickly if required ensuring targets are met.
• Investigate and show improvements for any non conformances raised.
• Ensure accurate stock control and daily counts conducted reporting any high stock levels of concern.
• To promote team engagement at briefs and improvement projects.
• To closely work with the supply chain manager to optimise shift performance capabilities.
• To ensure shift surveillance is delivered and non conformance acted upon.
• Ensure a detailed documented shift handover is always conducted.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
• IT literate. Fully versed in MS office application and management systems. SAP Business One desired.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Pro active – Can see things happening and react quickly.
• Results driven – A real can do attitude whilst motivating the team to also achieve.
• Ability to work under pressure juggling numerous tasks at times.
• Attention to detail.
• Driver of continuous improvement – Always challenging current practises.
• Minimum 1 year at team leader level.
• Working in FMCG operation.
• Weighbridge processes.
• SAP Business One.
• Forklift truck trained, clamp operation desired – License must be in date
• IOSH desired.
Shift Pattern/Working Hours:
- 4-on-4-off rotating days/nights (06:00:18:00, 18:00:06:00)
For more information or to apply, please email: email@example.com