Main Purpose of Job:
As the on shift Multi-skilled Engineer you are responsible for providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets & PPM completion rate to KPI target levels. The key responsibilities of this role are to actively take part in breakdown response, PPM, Continuous Improvement (CI) Initiatives, Training and Housekeeping. Other key tasks of the role include completing general engineering tasks, breakdown repairs, Contractor Liaison and carrying out cost effective maintenance routines and general repairs to prolong the useful life of the equipment. All these tasks are to be carried out and completed within a specified time frame and to the highest Engineering Standards, thus minimising any operational disruptions whilst maximising uptime of operational equipment.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns (irrespective of priority) are identified and subsequently rectified as quickly as possible
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & Safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed
- Assist the Shift Operations Manager in minimising machine down time by proposing & introducing improved maintenance programmes & continuous improvement ideas.
- Responsible for timely completion of all plant PPM schedules and to provide support for all site wide PPM programs
- Ensure good communication avenues are prevalent between the Engineering Teams & the Operational teams
- Work as part of a multi-functional Mechanical / Electrical on-site Team
- Any other adhoc duties as required
- Good academic qualifications (i.e. C&G, HNC / ONC in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent)
- Apprentice trained & qualified
- MEWP Licence would be beneficial but can be trained
- Confined space trained would be beneficial but can be trained
Shift Pattern/Working Hours:
x4 on x 4 off 12hr shifts days & nights 6am-6pm/6pm-6am.
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org